Introducing Project NRW Zusammen
Welcome to project "NRW Zusammen". This is an African Impulse e.V. project financially sponsored by the Federal Ministry of children, family, refugees and integration of the province of North Rhine Westphalia. The project, which takes place in several towns (amongst others Duisburg, Cologne, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Wuppertal) in the province of North Rhine Westphalia as well as online, shall start from February 2021 and run till December 2022.
The project pursues the following goals:
- Improve the media skills / competence of Africans.
- Improve the participation of Africans in topics relating to health in the society.
- Improve the participation and access of Africans in/to matters of education within the society and also help in their orientation within the community through targeted information.
Through this project we shall be strengthening the social cohesion of Africans in province during these COVID 19 and post COVID 19 times. An important component of the project is its conceptual reciprocity - we want, for example, parents to acquire more competence in electronic media through younger people, while young people, for example, learn societal values and life experience. This will also promote their mutual appreciation through exchange of knowledge. We shall provide targeted information, especially in the field of education and health and for the specific cities which our project targets as well as the province as a whole. This information shall be exchanged or provided through our monthly seminars and workshops as well as through our various communication channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and our NRW Magazine.
Highlights of the project are:
- Providing targeted information on the project's goals through our website, online media channels as well as six versions of our "NRW Magazine".
- Workshops and seminars to exchange knowledge with experts and seek ways of combatting fake news
- Bridge the gap of Africans not following on relevant news in the channels they are published by moving to where they are and providing the information in the form most get best - We want to act our scenarios in short videos These scenarios would all be related to the topics handled by the project.